Everyone knows that having a strong core is vital for a good golf swing. Unfortunately, most of us don’t even know what the core’s main purpose is!
The core is made up of all of the muscles of our torso (not just the muscles of the stomach), and its main purpose is to protect and stabilize our spine during daily life activities such as the golf swing.
The three ways that the core protects the spine are as follows:
- By preventing the spine from rotating at the wrong time and place. This is also known as ANTI ROTATION.
- By preventing the spine from excessively bending to the sides putting tons of stress and pressure on the vertebrae. This is also known as ANTI SIDE BENDING.
- By preventing the spine from extending and arching. This is also known as ANTI EXTENSION.
In today’s video I will be showing you some of the best plank variations that will teach your body how to prevent excessive rotation, extension, and side bending! All of these exercises will also translate to faster swing speeds and more distance at the golf course!
- 3-Point Plank (anti rotation)
- Pull through Planks (anti rotation)
- Side Planks (anti side bending)
- Alternating Side Planks (anti side bending)
- Swiss Ball Planks (anti extension)
- Plank Rollouts (anti extension)
TRAIN WITH THE FIT GOLFER GIRL! ONLINE AND IN PERSON GOLF FITNESS PROGRAMS AVAILABLE:
GET YOUR FREE GOLF STRETCHING GUIDE HERE:
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! New Videos Every Monday!
MORE GREAT GOLF FITNESS VIDEOS HERE:
FOR MORE GREAT GOLF FITNESS TIPS CHECK OUT THE FIT GOLFER GIRL BLOG:
FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL MEDIA!